Morgans Ginger Beer 1kg
Morgans Ginger beer is an outstanding brew and has become a Summer favourite for Home Brewers worldwide for years. Formulated with the perfect balance of malted grains and ginger, this original Morgans recipe is a great summer drink in a tall glass filled with ice or as a mixer with Dark Rum and a slice of lime over ice.
Both Non-Alcoholic & Alcoholic versions can be made from this Ginger Beer Kit which makes 20 litres.
Get your hands on a Morgan’s Ginger Beer TODAY.
For best results use with Viking Brewers Ultra Blend 1kg (Recommended) or Viking Brewers Dextrose 1kg
Read Below For Detailed Instructions:
1. Please read instructions thoroughly before starting.
2. Clean all equipment prior to starting, preferably with a Viking Brewers No-Rinse Sanitiser.
3. Place can in warm water so that the extract inside loosens.
4. Pour 2L of hot water into your fermenter, add contents of can & 1kg of Viking Brewers Ultra Blend 1kg.
5. Add cold water to the 20L mark & stir thoroughly.
6. Remove Yeast & Nutrient sachet from the cap & empty into vessel, we advise stirring for 30 seconds.
8. Ensure fermenter is sealed tightly & add Airlock.
9. Allow the brew to ferment at a constant temperature of between 22-30c (ideally 25c) until specific gravity reaches 1.005 & is constant over a 2 day period.
10. Fermentation can take up to 6 working days at a constant 25c but will take longer at a lower temperature.
11. Please do not move onto bottling until fermentation is complete, this may lead to over gassed bottles & poor brew quality.
12. Please ensure bottles are sanitised before use, preferably using Viking Brewers No-Rinse Sanitiser.
13. Add 2 carbonation drops to each 750ml bottle or o1 drop to each 375ml bottle, filling to one inch from the top.
14. Allow bottles to stand at room temperature of 22-30c for 5 days to allow beer to fully carbonate. Allow another 10 days at room temperature to fully mature. The finished beer will continue to improve with further ageing.
15. Add 2L of hot water (not boiling) to a clean and sanitised container with a capacity of greater than 20L.
16. Pour in the contents of the Ginger Beer Malt can & add 115g of Viking Brewers Dextrose & stir thoroughly.
17. Add cold water to the 20L mark on your vessel, stir whilst filling. Stir in the Yeast & Nutrient thoroughly then cover vessel & allow it to stand for an hour. Stir occasionally throughout the hour.
18. Clean & sanitise bottles, DO NOT ADD ANY ADDITIONAL SUGAR TO BOTTLES! Stir brew again then fill bottles to the normal level & seal.
19. Store bottles above 20c for 2-3 weeks before opening & consuming.
Observe the following rules to avoid the risk of exploding bottles:
Use only pressure-resistant and reusable beer bottles free from scratches and cracks.
Do not rely solely on a fixed fermentation time or the bubbling of the airlock. Always measure the initial and final density of the beer. Never add too much sugar when bottling.
During the second fermentation, store bottles in a separate, closed room, with a stable temperature and preferably not in busy areas. Never store filled beer bottles or kegs where they are exposed to direct sunlight.
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 17 cm|